No organization is an island. Global reliance on partnerships and alliances is growing exponentially as companies refocus on their core competencies. Therefore, ensuring organizational and cultural alignment with your most important partners has never been more critical, but in many cases this remains an afterthought.
Companies must ask themselves whether they are truly aligned within their primary interdependencies. A traditional (read: outdated) vendor/supplier relationship no longer works. AlignComm can help synchronize the strategic intent between business partners to maximize the financial, organizational and cultural efficiencies that separate the good from the great partnerships.
Although it is harder to achieve and maintain external alignment than within your own organization, it is critical, at a minimum, to be sure that misaligned strategies are recognized and addressed. Organizational relationships, like personal ones, are voluntary, synergistic and mutually beneficial. They are also based on trust, respect, the ability to share resources and the clear communication of goals and metrics.
Are you truly well aligned with your:
- Contract manufacturers?
- Service providers?
- Systems Integrators?
- Channel partners?
- Value added resellers?
- Joint ventures?
- Major suppliers?
What would they say if we asked them?
Through our alignment discovery process we work with your marketing and alliance teams to help answer tough questions, such as:
- Do our partners understand our strategy?
- Do they support and reinforce this strategy?
- Are there any forces in play that threaten our partnerships?
- Why do our partners work better with our competitors?
- How dependent are we on a few key partners, and how do I keep them close?
- Do we share a vision for our ultimate customers?
- Do we compete with our partners?
- Does a partnership with us represent a threat elsewhere in their organization?
- Why do we partner well on some initiatives, but not on others?
In many cases, targeted alignment adjustments--maintained through consistent and compelling communications--will solve these problems and deliver more consistent and accelerated success. And wherever possible, we synchronize our work with both organizations throughout the realignment process.
Let us help align more effectively with your key business partners. They will thank you for it.